Solent Blinds fully comply with the new child safety standards for internal blinds which were published by the British Standards on 28 February 2014.
In early 2014 the standards regarding the manufacture, supply and professional installation of internal window blinds changed significantly. It is now illegal to supply or professionally install an internal window blind which does not comply with the child safety requirements of BS EN 13120:2009+A1:2014.
The new standards are applicable to all homes, all public buildings and any other premises where young children aged 0-24 months are likely to have access or be present.
The new standard aims to protect babies and young children by:
- Installation of child safe blinds to ALL HOMES whether children are present or not
- Limitations on cord and chain lengths
- Safety devices for preventing any cords or chains from creating a hazardous loop
- The fitting of safety devices on cords and chains at the point of manufacture
- The testing of all safety critical components of internal blinds
- Safety warnings and product instructions
What Our Customers Say
Excellent proffesional, friendly Service, stunning products too. We would fully recommend Solent Blinds to anyone
"We are very grateful to you and your colleagues at Solent Blinds for all the work you have done on our project. We were hugely impressed with your service and your commitment to finishing the job while overcoming various problems which you did not cause. You deserve great credit and huge success. When we need blinds and curtains again your company will be the first we call and we will certainly recommend you to others when the opportunity arises."
Ordered a bedroom blind and recieved fantastic advice and service. Will definitely be ordering more products from them in the future!